This year these are the three placements that we are offering:
(please click on the title of the project for more information)
|Automated measurement of social movements in pheasants
University of Exeter
Lead supervisor: Dr Joah Madden
|Evaluating climate matching: do changes in forest management influence the susceptibility of trees to pests and pathogens?
Centre for Ecology & Hydrology (CEH), Wallingford
Lead Supervisor: Dr Melanie Gibbs
|Investigating wetland connectivity in Southern Africa- phylogeography of the Blacksmith lapwing (Vanellus armatus)
Lead supervisor: Professor Michael Bruford
- Studying for a degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. mathematics, statistics, computing, engineering, physics)
- Undertaking the placement in a different academic department to their undergraduate degree either within their own institution or another institution
- In the middle of their first degree studies (or Integrated Masters)
- Expected to obtain a first or upper second class UK honours degree
- Eligible for subsequent NERC PhD funding (UK, EU or right to remain in the UK)
How to apply
Students should apply to the DTP Hub firstname.lastname@example.org submitting a REP Student Eligibility form, CV (no more than 2 pages) plus two references, transcripts and a brief covering letter (1 page). The deadline for applications is noon on the 2 May 2016. Supervisors will be asked to confirm their choice of candidate on the 9 May 2016 and provide the candidate’s application to the DTP Hub.
We recommend that all projects conclude by the 11th September 2016 and the supervisor will be expected to provide us with a report following completion of the placement by Monday 26 September 2016.